Sunday, June 2, 2013

Two Strand Twist Updo

On Saturday we went to the Circuit Assembly (visited to listen, ours was back in October) and I had no idea how I woul wear my hair. Initially, I was just gonna wear my twists down, but then I decided that I wanted something a little more sophisticated. So I hit up trusty ole YouTube. I watched a few videos and then came up with this style:


I divided the back into two sections and then roll, tuck, and pinned them up. Then I sectioned out a bang in the front and secured it out of the way. Next, I took the right section and began to two strand twist UP, catching the ends of the back roll into the twist. Then I "turned" the twist backward (to create the little knot/hump) and pinned in the middle off head. I then repeated the same thing with the other side. For the "bang", I held the hair out to the right side fairly loosely and then about halfway down the length of the hair I rolled the hair backward so that the first half was loose and the second half was taut. Then I folded the taut half behind the loose half and pinned in place, making sure to hide the ends. 

(Sorry I look a hot mess. I was at my MILs and had started taking the style down when I remembered I was supposed to post a pic of how I did it.)

Then I tucked in other stray ends and finished with a flower! I got lots of compliments on it and it was very quick and easy. I was actually just playing around looking for ideas when I came up with the style but I liked it so much that I kept it.

 My cousin's graduating in NC this coming weekend so I think that I'll probably wash my hair on Wednesday, twist it on Thursday, and put it in an updo on Friday for the weekend. Hopefully everything goes as planned. 

Happy tresses everyone!
<3 Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...