Wednesday, April 25, 2012

No Puff Challenge

In the last 2 years, the "puff":



 has been my go to style. Bad hair day? Puff it. Too tired to twist it? Puff it. Super dirty and tangled and in dire need of a wash? PUFF IT!!

While the puff is a beautiful style, that I think flatters my face, I wear it WAY too often. Like, 90% of the time. As a result, I have noticed breakage in the crown of my head as well as along my edges. I think that the pulling of my edges are worrying me the most because, when I was relaxed, I had a couple spots in the front of my hairline that just wouldn't grow in/very long and I thought it was just the way my hair grew. When I stopped getting relaxers, that hair gradually grew in, evening out my hairline. Now, my puffs are killing my edges again.

So...

I am challenging myself not to wear a puff for 2 months. I had this idea last Saturday and since I twisted my hair last Monday, I'll use the 16th as my start date. No more puffs until June 17th! After then, I will try to only wear a puff 50% of the time. My goal is to stop the breakage in the crown and edges of my hair, and I think with less manipulation into the puff I will be able to achieve that. Since I won't be able to "puff it" as usual, this will also force me to come up with other styles and REGULARLY wash and style my hair. I'm thinking of lots of twist/bantu knot outs, roll, tuck, & pin styles, and my knit cap for those really horrid days. Anyway, we'll see how this works out. I'm excited!!! :-) As always,

<3 Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...